Today I Want To…
Please see the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA) home page for valuable “News” “Resources” and “Partnership Discounts on Products and Services”
Current and Potential Members!
The Board has set the dues for the TCVSCPA for the upcoming year!
They will remain at $165 if paid by June 15th and $170 if paid after that date.
You must be a member of the VSCPA in order to join the TCVSCPA.
Our membership year runs from May 1 – April 30. Most of our events are scheduled from May – January to facilitate tax season.
This year the TCVSCPA will offer approximately 76 CPE credit hours, including 8 hours of in-person CPE at the Chesapeake Conference Center. The topics to be covered are listed below. These topics include 20 hours of A&A, as well as 6 opportunities to obtain your required Virginia Ethics course. In addition, we will return to hosting social events this year with the annual Tides game on July 28th and a holiday social planned for this winter.
- A&A Update
- Deceptive Accounting Practices
- IC for Industry
- Financial Statement Fraud
- Current Federal Tax Developments
- Multi-State Taxation and Sales Tax Nexus of Business
- Estate Planning for the 99%
- Accounting, Auditing and Tax Considerations for the Cannabis Industry
- Cloud Services
- Cybersecurity Awareness in Accounting
- Identifying and Addressing the Risk of Fraud in Nonprofit Organizations
- Ethics (6 Sessions)
- IRS and Dept of Taxation Update